Blacklisted: Neal McDonough


In 2010, the actor claimed he was fired three days into filming the ABC series "Scoundrels" because he wouldn't agree to on-screen sex scenes. While the show only ran for one season, the 56-year-old said he was blacklisted from the industry.

"There was a time when I wasn’t working," the 56-year-old told Fox News Digital. "I couldn’t get a job because people thought I was this crazy religious guy. But that wasn’t the case. I love my wife, but I love my acting too. I was hopeful that, at some point, someone would give me a chance again."

 The devout Catholic’s clause wasn’t new. From 2008 to 2009, McDonough starred in "Desperate Housewives" where he played Nicolette Sheridan’s husband. McDonough had a no-kissing rule that prompted the show’s creator, Marc Cherry, to get creative with his writing. McDonough, who married his wife RuvĂ© in 2003, has said, "I won’t kiss any other woman because these lips are meant for one woman."

 

"Scoundrels" was developed by Lyn Greene and Richard Levine

The executive producers were Lyn Greene, Richard Levine,  andMichael R. Goldstein